It’s been a while – our silence has been caused by the busiest two months ever in the history of BI. A good thing, but we are looking forward to a little time to digest the experiences of the last few months and do some writing and publishing. The BI team has been constantly travelling and we’re looking forward to the Easter break to spend some time with friends and family.
What we’ve been up to:
– Rolling out ‘Unconscious Bias’ training to the entire staff of a large financial institution focusing on the skills to engage with and leverage diversity – Delivering ‘Global Virtual Team Effectiveness’ Programs to corporate clients
– Delivering the ‘Parents Understanding Asia Literacy‘ program around Australia. I also went to Canberra to meet with Peter Garrett to discuss business needs for an Asia literate workforce.
– Meeting with the Review Team to provide input, and writing our submission into the ‘Australia in the Asian Century’ Government Review.
– Delivering ‘Re-entry’ de-briefings, ‘Pre-posting Training’, ‘Intercultural Effectiveness’ training and ‘Working with Local Staff’ training for internationally engaged government departments
– Advising the CEO’s and Senior Leadership teams of three large companies who are navigating key challenges in Asia
– Working with the leadership team and staff involved at a corporate client to facilitate transitioning key work to Malaysia
– Submitting a tender to renew our preferred provider status with the Dept of Immigration & Citizenship
– Working with a highly diverse team of an International NGO in SEAsia focusing on enabling better intercultural collaboration, dialogue and engagement
– Planning for the Australia Thailand Business Council key event on 28 May, and the 14th International Conference on Thai Studies
Phew! I promise our next blog post will be a review of the great books and podcasts we’ve enjoyed over the Easter break. Hope you have a good one. Tamerlaine